Applications are invited for the position of Corporate & Foundation Relations Administrator and this full-time, professional staff level position is available immediately. Reporting to the Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations, the successful candidate will provide administrative support to the Director and an outside grant-writer/consultant; assume primary responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the C & FR office; and from time to time, undertake special research, writing or other projects which further the work of the C & FR office.
The role requires someone who can work productively without close supervision, is proactive, highly organized, and thoroughly conversant with Microsoft Office. Excellent writing skills are a must, and candidates will be asked to write a one page memo responding to instructions provided at the time of interview. Clarity and felicity of expression, usage and spelling will be the basis of assessment, not knowledge of Corporate & Foundations Relations practices. A bachelor’s degree is a minimum educational pre-requisite, and a sense of humor is essential. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus, as is professional work experience in a higher education setting, preferably with 1 – 2 years of experience in a development office.
- Provide administrative support to the Director and grant writer/ consultant
- Carry out essential stewardship functions of C &FR using Raiser’s Edge
- Manage the C & FR database
- Track online databases and other sources for news and information relevant to the work of C &FR
- Help create and manage an intranet presence for the C &FR office
- Liaise with colleagues in Advancement and the wider College community as needed
- Represent C &FR at meetings and functions as needed
- Carry out special projects and assignments
- Superior organizational and project management skills and adept at setting up systems
- Excellent writing ability
- Raiser’s Edge or similar experience
- Research skills
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please email a resumé and cover letter to:
Hans van Dyk, Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations
The College of New Rochelle
29 Castle Place
New Rochelle, New York 10805
The College of New Rochelle is a Catholic college in the Ursuline tradition and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to our unique educational mission.