The College of New Rochelle seeks a high energy, creative, and enthusiastic individual with strong web writing and editing skills and experience in higher education recruitment marketing for this full-time position, available immediately. In this position, you will have the opportunity to shape the content of our website and e-marketing efforts to further develop the College’s web presence to engage prospective students.
- writing/editing web copy on strategically important sections of the website and collaborating with other departments on development of their web pages;
- regularly reviewing content across the College’s sites for timeliness and accuracy of content and initiating updates;
- implementing search engine optimization strategies throughout the website;
- implementing e-communications campaigns, including writing and editing emails and supporting materials ;
- writing and editing copy for news items on the website;
- coordinating the creation and inclusion of dynamic multimedia content;
- analyzing data and generating reports on website activity using web analytic programs.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding writing, editing, and proofreading skills and be highly organized, meticulous about detail, and demonstrate strong multitasking capabilities without sacrificing creativity and quality. The ability to be flexible and to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects and tasks is essential to this role.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field and at least three to five years of professional work experience developing web content in a higher education setting. She/he will possess a solid understanding of best practices for web writing and standards, web design, web content management, search engine optimization, social media strategies, and knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, MS Office, Google Analytics. Must be willing to work some weekend and evening hours. Photography and videotaping and video editing skills a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefit package, which includes health insurance, a retirement plan, liberal vacation, and tuition remission.
The College of New Rochelle is a Catholic college in the Ursuline tradition, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to our unique educational mission. To learn more about the College, visit our website at www.cnr.edu
Selected candidates will be contacted; no phone calls, please. Send letter of interest, resume, and URLs with examples of recent work to: Lenore Carpinelli, Director of College Relations; E-mail: email@example.com