The College of New Rochelle Drama Presents “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
CNR Drama will present William Shakespeare’s enduring romantic comedy “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” from April 12 to April 21, 2013, on the Main Campus of The College of New Rochelle. Drawing upon the student body as well as actors from New York and the surrounding community, the diverse cast presents a traditional telling of the story of mismatched lovers, magic in the woods, and a lighthearted poke at the difficulties faced by those who find themselves in love. Director Laurie Peterson Castaldo has set her play in the early 19th century with a luscious musical score and more than a dozen dancing fairies in fanciful costumes. This is a play for the entire family!
The cast features CNR students Regina Alvarado and Amelia Ellis as the two young friends, Hermia and Helena, who venture into the woods with their suitors Lysander and Demetrius, played by Evan Shaw and Alejandro Funes. A host of courtiers and fairies of all ages are also featured, including CNR student Hanna Mitsutomi as Hippolyta, BJ Markus as Theseus, Meghan Blakeman as Titania, Justin Randolph as Oberon, and Tim Abrahamsen as the ever mischievous Puck. Also assembled is a rather odd group of “rustic mechanicals” featuring New Rochelle residents Dennis Whetsel (Bottom), Peter Ackerman (Quince), Marc Wager (Snout), Mickey Melillo (Starveling), Markiss Roberts (Snug), and CNR student Kerrick Paneberrios (Flute).
- “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” regular evening performances at 8:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday nights, April 12, 13, 19 and 20.
- Early evening performances at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, April 15, 16 and 18.
- Matinees at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 20, and Sunday, April 21.
- Romita Auditorium at The College of New Rochelle, 29 Castle Place, New Rochelle, NY 10805.
- Tickets $15 general admission, $10 seniors and students.
- Discounts for CNR students, employees and alumni.
- Group discounts available.
- Call (914) 654-5373 to reserve your seats now!
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.