Opening weekend at The College of New Rochelle is a family affair. CNR will be your new home away from home, so we’d like to share some packing tips
before you get here.
Our resident assistants
and student orientation staff leaders
will be a valuable resource to you during this time.
- The residence halls open the Friday before Labor Day each year.
- Go directly to the lobby of your assigned residence hall
- Please arrive on campus between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Once you have settled in and said goodbye to your families, Fall Orientation will kick off. All freshmen, residents and commuters, are required to attend Fall Orientation in September.
- The residence halls open for returning residents from Noon to 8 p.m. on Labor Day Monday and from Noon to 6 p.m. on the Tuesday following Labor Day.
- Returning residents should go directly to the lobby of their buildings to check in with the staff.
- If you are not sure of your fall assignment or would like to check the status of the wait lists, please contact Lisa Tufariello at (914) 654-5316 or email@example.com.
Returning residents who are not registered or who have outstanding accounts with the Bursar’s office must contact those offices to resolve the matter prior to check-in. Please note that these offices are closed on Labor Day.
Residence Life Calendar
Please click here for the opening and closing dates of the residence halls.
Weeks of Welcome Events
The Office of Student Development has put together a schedule of events for the month of September to allow students to reconnect with one another, and to meet our new students.
For more information regarding Opening Weekend and/or September's Weeks of Welcome Events, please contact
The Office of Student Development
29 Castle Place
New Rochelle, NY 10805