A goal of Health Services is to provide all patients with high quality health care in a manner that clearly recognizes individual needs and rights.
As a patient you have the following RIGHTS:
- To receive care and treatment with courtesy, respect and consideration.
- To be afforded privacy and confidentiality.
- To receive information in terms that you can understand and to have any questions answered concerning your diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and any associated risks.
- To refuse to be examined or treated by health practitioners and to be informed of the consequences of such decisions.
- To be referred to an alternative health care source when appropriate or upon request.
- To participate actively in decisions regarding one’s health care and treatment.
- To know the contents of your medical records.