Conditional Acceptance Policy
The College of New Rochelle offers a conditional acceptance to international applicants who have met the academic standards for admittance, but who need to improve in the area of English language proficiency.
The international students who are eligible for this acceptance offer are those who:
- Have taken a TOEFL test but not earned a score at or above 75 IBT.
- Have taken a TOEFL test but not earned a score at or above 170 CBT.
- Have taken an IELTS test but not earned a score at or above 6.0.
- Have not taken a TOEFL/IELTS or SAT
- Have not completed ELS level 112.
International applicants who have not met the language requirements can still be given an I-20 from the admissions office if they are accepted.
Currently, the college does not offer an on-campus, Intensive English Language Program. However, an applicant may choose to complete their English language courses at a provider outside of CNR. If you do choose this path, you may need to secure an I-20 from the language instruction provider and then continue to an academic degree program at CNR.
Students who choose to pursue a language program in the New York City area may live on the CNR campus, in housing provided by the college. The nearby train offers easy affordable access to New York City.