Why A Women's College?
Below are excerpts from the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) comparing the experiences of women attending women’s colleges with those of women attending coeducational institutions:
- Women at single-sex colleges are more engaged.
- Women attending women’s colleges reported higher levels of academic challenge.
- Students at women’s colleges scored higher on active and collaborative learning and student-faculty interaction.
- Women attending women’s colleges reported a better understanding of themselves and others.
- Women at single-sex colleges exhibited more desire to contribute to the welfare of others.
- Students at women’s colleges reported that their campus environment encouraged a greater degree of diverse interactions and an understanding of diversity.