Various types of scholarships, research assistantships, graduate staff assistantships, and financial aid programs are available to students to help them underwrite the expenses of their graduate education. To be considered for all forms of financial aid, a student must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This includes unsubsidized direct loans, graduate plus loans, federal Perkins loans, college work-study, and/or campus employment.
Some of these awards are merit-based, for which the student competes; other types of financial assistance are need-based, for which the student must fulfill certain conditions and regulations. Some have both requirements. Since providing access to higher education is the mission of The College of New Rochelle, the College makes every reasonable attempt to enable students financially to pursue graduate studies.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online (fafsa.ed.gov). The suggested FAFSA application deadline is February 1 of the student's senior year of high school, however we will continue to accept FAFSA applications on a rolling basis. It is not necessary to wait to be accepted to CNR to begin this process, although an award package will not be generated until the student is admitted. The College of New Rochelle FAFSA code is 002704.
2018-2019 Financial Aid Forms
- V1 Verification Worksheet -Dependent Student
- V1 Verification Worksheet -Independent
- FA Asset Verification Form
- Identity Statement of Educational Purpose
- Statement of Educational Purpose -Notary Required
- Monthly Expense Form
- Unusual Enrollment History Form
- Dependency Override Form
- Special Circumstances Form
- New York State will mail each student a pre-printed application for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) when they complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or the Renewal Application. This application needs to be completed and returned to the State. If you are a resident of another state, check with your state's financial aid agency.