School Building Leadership Advanced Certificate
The Advanced Certificate in School Building Leader is an 18-21 credit program designed for those who already hold a master's degree in teacher education, educational leadership, or pupil personnel services and who wish to assume leadership roles as consultants, mentors and staff development specialists in teacher centers, or as school building leaders.
The program focuses on providing you with the conceptual and methodological foundations of staff development, the application of learning theory to adults, staff development strategies, curriculum development and instructional strategies that raise student achievement, leadership theory and practice, and financial management of staff development programs.
The program, which leads to initial/professional state certification as School Building Leader, includes required courses totaling 15 credits and a 400-hour internship that can be completed on a part-time basis in two semesters (6 credits) or full-time on one semester (3 credits).
Required Courses - 18-21 Credits
- EDL 602 - The Principalship: Operational Models for Effective Schools 3 cr.
- EDL 604 - Curriculum and Instruction for School Leaders 3 cr.
- EDL 606 - Enhancing Teaching and Learning through Supervision 3 cr.
- EDL 607 - Application of Technology for Instructional Leaders 3 cr.
- EDL 703 - School Law 3 cr.
Students have a choice of completing the 400-hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).
- EDL 960 - Internship in School Building Leadership (Full-Time) 3 cr.
- EDL 961 - Internship I in School Building Leadership (Part-Time) 3 cr.
- EDL 962 - Internship II in School Building Leadership (Part-Time) 3 cr.