School Building Leadership and School District Leadership
This Master of Science degree program focuses on assisting students to obtain knowledge of current theory, best practices, and issues involved in school building-level and school district-level leadership.
The program leads to New York State initial/professional certification as School Building Leader and professional certification as School District Leader. In order to receive professional certification as School District Leader, students must have successfully completed three (3) years of classroom teaching service and/or educational leadership service and/or pupil personnel service experience in public or non-public schools grades PK-12 and a total of 60 graduate level credits.
Required Courses - 39-42 Credits
- EDL 602 - The Principalship: Operational Models for Effective Schools 3 cr.
- EDL 604 - Curriculum and Instruction for School Leaders 3 cr.
- EDL 606 - Enhancing Teaching and Learning through Supervision 3 cr.
- EDL 607 - Application of Technology for Instructional Leaders 3 cr.
- EDL 701: Educational Leadership: Theory and Practice
- EDL 703 - School Law 3 cr..
- EDL 705: Finance and Facility Management
- EDL 708 - Human Resource Management 3 cr.
- EDL 710 - Research, Assessment, and Data Analysis 3 cr.
- EDL 802 - Building Effective School Board and Community Partnerships 3 cr.
- EDL 806 - Leader as Change Agent 3 cr.
- EDL 809 - Superintendency: Systems Management, Decision Making and Ethics 3 cr.
Students have a choice of completing the 400-hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).
- EDL 960 - Internship in School Building Leadership (Full-Time Internship) 3 cr.
- EDL 961 - Internship I in School Building Leadership (Part-Time Internship) 3 cr.
- EDL 962 - Internship II in School Building Leadership (Part-Time Internship) 3 cr.