School District Leadership Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma in School District Leader is a 12-15 credit program designed for those who already hold a master's degree in teacher education, educational leadership, or pupil personnel services and who wish to assume leadership roles on the district level. The program focuses on current theory, practices, and issues in school district leadership.
Required Courses - 12-15 Credits
- EDL 802 - Building Effective School Board and Community Partnerships, 3 cr.
- EDL 806 - District Leader as Change Agent, 3 cr.
- EDL 809 - Superintendency: Systems Management and Ethics, 3 cr.
Students have a choice of completing the 400-hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).*
- EDL 963 - Internship in School District Leadership (Full-Time), 3 cr.
- EDL 964 - Internship I in School District Leadership (Part-Time), 3 cr.
- EDL 965 - Internship II in School District Leadership (Part-Time), 3 cr.
*Applicable in certain situations where a student has some administrative experience; most students will complete the internship in two semesters.