School District Leadership Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma in School District Leader is a 15-18 credit program designed for those who already hold a master's degree in teacher education, educational leadership, or pupil personnel services and who wish to assume leadership roles on the district level. The program focuses on current theory, practices, and issues in school district leadership.
Required Courses - 15-18 Credits
- EDL 701 - School Law, 3 cr.
- EDL 802 - Building Effective School Board and Community Partnerships, 3 cr.
- EDL 806 - District Leader as Change Agent, 3 cr.
- EDL 809 - Superintendency: Systems Management and Ethics, 3 cr.
To be completed prior to registering for internship
Students have a choice of completing the 400-hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).*
- EDL 963 - Internship in School District Leadership (400 hours), 3 cr. or
- EDL 964 - Internship I in School District Leadership (200 hours), 3 cr. and
- EDL 965 - Internship II in School District Leadership (200 hours) 3 cr.
To be completed prior to submitting the Application for Degree:
- Child Abuse Workshop
- School Violence Workshop
- DASA Training: Bullying Prevention
To be complete for the degree:
- School Leadership Assessment: School District Leader (Part 1 & Part 2)
NOTE: The New York State Education Department requires students to earn a passing score on the SDL Parts 1 and 2 prior to program graduation.