School District Leadership (Transitional D) Advanced Diploma
The Advanced Diploma program in School District Leader (Alternative Certificate - Transitional D) is a 30-credit program for exceptionally qualified individuals from other fields who already hold a master's degree and are able to demonstrate the nine essential characteristics of effective leaders as a result of exemplary prior service for at least three years in a leadership position. This program leads to professional certification as School District Leader.
Required Courses - 15-18 Credits
- EDL 703 - School Law 3 cr.
- EDL 802 - Building Effective School Board and Community Partnerships 3 cr.
- EDL 806 - Leader as Change Agent 3 cr
- EDL 809 - Superintendency: Systems Management, and Ethics 3 cr.
Students have a choice of completing the 400-hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).
- EDL 963 - Internship in School District Leadership (Full-Time Internship) 3 cr.
- EDL 964 - Internship I in School District Leadership (Part-Time Internship) 3 cr.
- EDL 965 - Internship II in School District Leadership (Part-Time Internship) 3 cr.