Family Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate Program
This program is designed for professional nurses who hold a clinically focused Master's of Science degree in Nursing with an emphasis on advanced practice knowledge and skills in a specialty population. The Nurse Practitioner certificate is 23 credit hours and 600 clinical hours.
Program of Courses
These courses provide the scientific foundation and clinical knowledge and skill to support advanced practice nursing. The purpose of these courses is to support the integration of content of pathophysiology and psychoneuroimmunology, health assessment and pattern appraisal, as well as clinical practice and decision making.
- NUR 743 - Advanced Pharmacology I 2 cr.
- NUR 744 - Advanced Pharmacology II 2 cr.
- NUR 747 - Advanced Health Assessment and Pattern Appraisal 4 cr. (140 clin. hrs.)
- NUR 731 - Clinical Practicum I: Family Nurse Practitioner 5 cr. - 3 cr. theory, 1 cr. seminar, 1 cr. practice/200 hours
- NUR 732 - Clinical Practicum II: Family Nurse Practitioner 5 cr. - 3 cr. theory, 1 cr. seminar, 1 cr. practice/200 hours
- NUR 733 - Clinical Practicum III: Family Nurse Practitioner 5 cr. - 3 cr. theory, 1 cr. seminar, 1 cr. practice/200 hours