Transfer Nursing Admission Requirements
- Submission of official transcript(s) from all schools attended, and evaluated by a NACES approved agency
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on all college coursework
- Completion and submission of scores on the TEAS pre-admission nursing exam
- A 300-500 word essay discussing: "Why I Wish to be a Nurse and Study at the College of New Rochelle"
- Written academic, professional, and/or personal reference
Students may transfer course credit for all required liberal arts and science courses with a grade of C+ or better. Students may transfer elective course credit with a grade of C- or better. Students may not transfer any required nursing courses.
If the student wishes to transfer credit from an international college or university, the transcript should be evaluated by World Education Services, but any U.S.-accredited evaluator of international credit may be accepted.
College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Guidelines
The College of New Rochelle allows a maximum of 15 credits toward the BSN degree only for entering students who have successfully passed examinations from CLEP.
Once the student has been accepted to the School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions, all courses for the BSN degree must be taken at The College of New Rochelle. Students also must complete four Physical Education courses.