RESET: Rigor for the Educational Success of ELL's through their Teachers
Aimed at addressing the critical need for advanced education for teachers of English Language Learners (ELL) through graduate-level teacher certificate programs, the Rigor for the Educational Success of English learners through their Teachers (RESET) program is offered through a $2.7 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Free tuition up to 15 credits (a scholarship in the amount of approximately $15,000)
- One time $100 book allowance
- Classes offered at CNR or other convenient location.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is required from school district for teachers to participate.
- TESOL Certification: 15 grant-funded credits, plus 3 credit practicum (if not waived by district)
- Bilingual Extension for Teachers: 15 grant-funded credits, plus 3 credit required practicum (at 50% tuition discount)
- A master's degree and professional teacher certification (highly qualified, tenured teachers)
- Submission of application, official transcript(s), two letters of recommendation (one from building or district level administrator), personal statement and resume
NYS requires TESOL candidates to complete 12 credits in a language other than English prior to the completion of the program.
Bilingual extension candidates must submit and pass the BEA exam before an admission decision is made.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 914-654-5452.