School District Leader (Alternative Certificate-Transitional D) leading to Professional Certification as a School District Leader Advanced Diploma 30-33 credits
The Advanced Diploma program in School District Leader (Alternative Certificate-Transitional D) is a 30-33 credit program for exceptionally qualified individuals from other fields who already hold a master’s degree and are able to demonstrate the nine essential characteristics of effective leaders as a result of exemplary prior service for at least three years in a leadership position. This program leads to professional certification as School District Leader.
Required Courses - 30 Credits
- EDL 602 - The Principalship: Operational Models for Effective Schools 3 cr.
- EDL 604 - Curriculum and Instruction for School Leaders 3 cr.
- EDL 607 - Application of Technology for Instructional Leaders 3 cr.
- EDL 703 - School Law 3 cr.
- EDL 708 - Human Resource Management 3 cr.
- EDL 802 - Building Effective School Board and Community Partnerships 3 cr.
- EDL 806 - Leader as Change Agent 3 cr.
- EDL 809 - Superintendency: Systems Management, Decision Making and Ethics 3 cr.
- EDL 710 - Research, Assessment, and Data Analysis 3 cr.
Students have a choice of completing the 400 hour internship on a part-time basis over two semesters (6 credits) or on a full-time basis in one semester (3 credits).
- EDL 963 - Internship in School District Leadership (Full-Time Internship) 3 cr.
- EDL 964 - Internship I in School District Leadership (Part-Time Internship) 3 cr.
- EDL 965 - Internship II in School District Leadership (Part-Time Internship) 3 cr.