Yellow Ribbon Program
The College of New Rochelle welcomes all veterans and seeks to make higher education more affordable for those who have served our country. As such, the College is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program, a provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill pays all tuition and fees. For private schools in New York, at an amount capped at $21,084.89 per academic year.
Schools that participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program provide additional funds, which are then matched by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
The College of New Rochelle provides additional funds for up to 220 students across all four of its schools: the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions, Graduate School, and School of New Resources.
Prospective students who wish to apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program should inform their counselor during the application process. To qualify, veterans must be entitled to the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, based on service requirements. A student may be eligible if he or she either:
- served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
- or was honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.
A student may also be eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program if he or she is a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement; the veteran's service must meet either of the criteria listed above.
Additional Benefit Programs
The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of educational benefit programs for both veterans and active duty personnel:
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service Program
- Veterans Retraining Assistance Program
Members of the New York Army National Guard and Air National Guard may be eligible for federal tuition assistance.