A college education is one of the most important investments one can make, and The College of New Rochelle is committed to making a quality education affordable.
To be considered for all forms of financial aid, a student must submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This includes college need-based grants, New York state TAP, federal PELL grant, SEOG (Supplemental Opportunity Grant), subsidized direct loan, unsubsidized direct loan, and college work study and/or campus employment.
More than 92 percent of CNR students receive financial assistance in the form of merit scholarships and/or need-based grants. The College of New Rochelle FAFSA code is 002704.
Scholarship awards range from $6,000 to the full cost of tuition. Full housing grants for students intending to live on campus are also available.
We firmly believe that recognizing academic achievement through merit scholarships (awarded at the time of acceptance) and other specialized grants, and by providing financial support to deserving students of diverse economic and social backgrounds, we best promote and maintain the educational goals that are central to the mission of the College.
The ability to provide a competitive financial aid package to students who might otherwise be unable to obtain a quality education clearly benefits and enriches the College Community.
Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online (fafsa.ed.gov). The suggested FAFSA application deadline is February 1 of the student's senior year of high school, however we will continue to accept FAFSA applications on a rolling basis. It is not necessary to wait to be accepted to CNR to begin this process, although an award package will not be generated until the student is admitted. The College of New Rochelle FAFSA code is 002704.
2018-2019 Financial Aid Forms
- V1 Verification Worksheet -Dependent Student
- V1 Verification Worksheet -Independent
- FA Asset Verification Form
- Identity Statement of Educational Purpose
- Statement of Educational Purpose -Notary Required
- Monthly Expense Form
- Unusual Enrollment History Form
- Dependency Override Form
- Special Circumstances Form
- New York State will mail each student a pre-printed application for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) when they complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or the Renewal Application. This application needs to be completed and returned to the State. If you are a resident of another state, check with your state's financial aid agency.