Why Choose the School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions?
The School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions at The College of New Rochelle offers a rigorous academic program specializing in extensive professional preparation and a compassionate approach to patient care. Here are a few reasons why the School of Nursing & Healthcare Professions might be the right school for you.
- Sterling reputation – Graduates from CNR are proudly recognized as "CNR Nurses," known for the compassion, ethical focus, and professional expertise they bring to the field.
- Practical preparation – CNR's cutting-edge facilities—including simulated intensive care, labor and delivery, and examination room areas—and hands-on approach to education ensures that our students are fully prepared for any challenges encountered in a professional setting.
- Impressive outcomes – Our students' track record of success has helped us build close relationships with prestigious healthcare institutions in the Greater New York area. Many students go on to work for their practicum institution following graduation.
- Holistic approach – Our philosophy marries classroom learning, real-world experience, and a foundation in the liberal arts, resulting in a program that promotes healing based on empathy, altruism, and exceptionally high professional standards. Think of it as comprehensive education for comprehensive care.
- Warm and welcoming – CNR provides a vibrant and supportive community where students from a variety of backgrounds—including traditional undergraduate students, students with a non-nursing degree who are interested in changing careers, and students with professional experience in the industry—come together to earn their degree.
- New York connection – Our campus is only a few miles from the vast opportunities New York City offers, giving our students access to outstanding professional and educational experiences. The reputation of the "CNR Nurse" is well established at nearby healthcare institutions, which include some of the premier hospitals in the world.